All & Everything 2020
25th International Humanities Conference
Salem, MA USA
Wednesday, May 13 through Sunday, May 17, 2020
A gathering of the Companions of the Books by G.I. Gurdjieff: The Herald of Coming Good, and All and Everything: Beelzebub’s Tales to His Grandson, Meetings with Remarkable Men and Life Is Real Only Then, When “I Am”.
“After prolonged verifications, observations, and impartial constatations, this entire group of terrestrial beings also became categorically convinced, just like Belcultassi himself, that they were not as they ought to be.” Beelzebub’s Tales, p. 297
The All and Everything International Humanities Conference is a forum for the presentation and discussion of recent studies associated with the writings and work of G.I. Gurdjieff.
The A&E Conference series was initiated from the wish to “try and fathom the gist” of Gurdjieff’s writings as advised by the author. The conference provides a common ground for those who wish to explore these teachings with the hope that, by sharing our questions, insights and even half-baked notions in a neutral and congenial atmosphere, a wider horizon of understanding and practical incorporation will appear.
Call for Papers and Artistic/Creative Contributions
Prospective authors are now invited to submit original papers or artistic/creative contributions for the forthcoming A&E Conference:
- Paper with an Oral presentation of a synopsis of the paper (35 minutes), followed by forty minutes of questions and discussion,
- Paper with a Poster presentation of the paper. Time for a 10-15 minute introduction to your Poster will be made available. What is a Poster presentation?
- Artistic/creative contributions can be presented in a variety of forms that may include theater, music, film, dance, sculpture, puppet shows that may vary sometimes by the venue.
Authors/Presenters are requested to submit the following using the online submission form:
- For papers (including poster presentations):
- The title and a 100 word abstract outlining the contents of the paper by the 1st of December 2019.
- Your paper (between 5000-10,000 words) is due by, or before, the 1st of January 2020.
- For creative/artistic contributions: a detailed description of the material to be displayed and what will be needed for the presentation.
Those who wish to submit through yet another format or on a different topic may consult with the Reading Panel.
Submission of an abstract is taken to imply the firm intention of the author/presenter to attend the conference and make your presentation should the proposal be accepted. Presenters are responsible for a transcription of the recording of the discussion sessions that follow their presentations. All Papers are published, by our volunteers, in “the Proceedings” which is a book (paperback & e-book) sold from the publications page and by booksellers worldwide.
The Reading Panel reviews all submissions and aims to provide constructive feedback to the authors. The Reading Panel members are available to assist presenters should you need/wish for clarification, suggestions, encouragement. For those who are presenting, the conference requests your presence during the whole time.
In keeping with our Mission Statement, “The ALL and Everything International Humanities Conference is an international forum for the presentation and discussion of studies associated with the exploration of G. I. Gurdjieff’s work and legacy and in particular his writings,” we wish to offer the following questions that the reviewers of your paper will be considering:
– Is the paper/poster presentation relevant to the Conference?
– Is it novel/original?
– Is the paper organized and cohesive?
– If invited to make an oral presentation of my paper, can its essence be communicated as a coherent whole within a 35 minute session?
Program example using the previous All and Everything in April of 2019
Please see the Program page on the conference website (and look for the one for 2020 when it becomes available).
Call For Seminar Facilitators For Chapter Discussions
At each conference we hold seminars (questions, conversation, dialogue) on chapters in Beelzebub’s Tales, Meetings with Remarkable Men and Life Is Real Only Then, When “I Am”. Each seminar is guided by a facilitator who sees to a balanced exchange. Facilitators need to have a working familiarity with the chapters that will be discussed. The facilitators are also responsible for the transcriptions of the seminar that they facilitate. The chapters that will be discussed in 2020:
- In Beelzebub’s Tales, we will continue with the chapter “Beelzebub Tells How People Learned and Again Forgot About the Fundamental Cosmic Law of Heptaparaparshinokh.”
- In Meetings with Remarkable Men, we will continue with the chapter “Mr. X or Captain Pogossian.”
- In Life Is Real Only Then, When “I Am”, we will continue with the “Prologue” and “Introduction.”
- In The Herald of Coming Good we will continue with the opening pages.
If you would like to volunteer to facilitate a seminar, please contact the Reading Panel.
For more information, see the Seminar program page.
All and Everything Conference Mailing List
If you wish to register yourself for this Mailing List please use our subscription form.