All & Everything 2019
24th International Humanities Conference
Wednesday, April 3 through Sunday, April 7, 2019
A gathering of the Companions of the Book by G.I. Gurdjieff: All and Everything: Beelzebub’s Tales to His Grandson, Meetings with Remarkable Men and Life Is Real Only Then, When ‘I Am’.
“After prolonged verifications, observations, and impartial constatations, this entire group of terrestrial beings also became categorically convinced, just like Belcultassi himself, that they were not as they ought to be. Beelzebub’s Tales, p. 297
The All and Everything International Humanities Conference is a forum for the presentation and discussion of recent studies associated with the writings and work of G.I. Gurdjieff.
The A&E Conference series was initiated from the wish to “try and fathom the gist” of Gurdjieff’s writings as advised by the author. The conference provides a common ground for those who wish to explore these teachings with the hope that, by sharing our questions, insights and even half-baked notions in a neutral and congenial atmosphere, a wider horizon of understanding and practical incorporation will appear.
Call for Papers and Artistic/Creative Contributions
Prospective authors are now invited to submit original papers or artistic/creative contributions for the forthcoming A&E Conference. Papers may be presented in one of two forms:
- Oral presentation of a synopsis of the paper (twenty minutes), followed by forty minutes of questions and discussion,
- Poster presentation at designated times during the conference. What is a Poster presentation?
Creative or artistic works may be displayed/presented during the conference as appropriate.
Authors/Presenters are requested to submit the following using the online Call for Papers form:
- For papers (including poster presentations):
- The title and a 100 word abstract together with a detailed proposal of 700-1000 words outlining the contents of the paper by the 15th of November 2018.
- A full draft of the paper (between 5000-10,000 words) by the 1st of January 2019.
- For creative/artistic contributions: a short description of the material to be displayed and what will be needed for the presentation.
Those who wish to submit through yet another format or on a different topic may consult with the Reading Panel.
Submission of a proposal is taken to imply the firm intention of the proposers to attend the conference and make a presentation should the proposal be accepted. The presenters are also expected to help with the transcription of the recording of the discussion sessions that follow their presentations. All Paper contributions—and many other kinds of presentations at each conference—are professionally published, by our volunteers, in “the Proceedings” which is a book (paperback & e-book) sold from the publications page and by booksellers worldwide.
The Reading Panel reviews all submissions and aims to provide constructive feedback to the authors. Both seasoned and less experienced authors/presenters are encouraged to engage with the Reading Panel on any ideas for papers or presentations. For those who are presenting, the conference requests your presence during the whole time.
Draft Program for All and Everything April 3 – April 7, 2019
Please see the Program page on the conference website (when it becomes available).
Call For Seminar Facilitators For Chapter Discussions
At each conference we hold seminars (questions, conversation, dialogue) on chapters in Beelzebub’s Tales, Meetings with Remarkable Men and Life Is Real Only Then, When “I Am”. Each seminar is guided by a facilitator who sees to a balanced exchange. Facilitators need to have a working familiarity with the chapters that will be discussed. The facilitators are also responsible for the transcriptions of the seminar that they facilitate. The chapters to be discussed for 2019:
- In Beelzebub’s Tales, we will continue with the chapter “The Holy Planet Purgatory,” p. 804
- In Meetings with Remarkable Men, we will continue with the chapter “Mr. X or Captain Pogossian,” p. 78
- In Life Is Real Only Then, When “I Am”, we will continue with the Prologue, p. 40.
If you would like to volunteer to facilitate a seminar, please contact the Reading Panel.
For more information, see the Seminar program page.
All and Everything Conference Mailing List
If you wish to register yourself for this Mailing List please use our subscription form.